Whenever I talk detox, I get floods of emails asking the same question:
Lisa, Is detox right for me?
But what I really hear you saying is:
Is it really worth the pain and suffering?I understand I might feel better in the end, but is it really worth the hunger, weird food, vegetable juices and colon cleanses?
I’ve thought a lot about this, and the truth is that most of us associate detox with deprivation, pain and suffering.
But there’s another kind of detox that’s all about delicious foods and feeling incredible. It’s the kind of detox that’s fun, refreshing and do-able. It’s the kind of detox that will reset your metabolism, eliminate your cravings and jumpstart your health.
When I use the word detox, I mean a nutritional program designed to simply take out the bad stuff and put in the good stuff – lots of it! So that you feel really great.
It builds a strong foundation for your health, whether you’re eating a standard American diet or organic collard greens, quinoa and kefir.
Detox is my favorite way to stop those nagging symptoms that are getting in the way of living your best life. And it’s a great way to dig deeper when you’re ready.
Whether you’re new to detox or someone who’s tried a detox or cleanse program in the past, you will benefit from a detox.
Ready to get started now? Great, sign up here!
Not convinced yet? I’m happy to share with you 15 great reasons why detox is for everyone, and critical for your health.
15 Reasons Why Detox Is For Everyone:
1. Detoxification has been around for centuries, commonly practiced by our ancestors yet lost to modern society. Look to history as your guide, you’ll find religious groups and tribes regularly engaging in some form of detox as far back as Hippocrates, 2000 years ago.
2. In today’s world, we are exposed to A LOT of toxins in our air, water supply, homes, personal care products, cleaning products, clothing, and our food.
This over-exposure to toxins overburdens your body which causes headaches, bowel issues, digestive issues, weight loss resistance, anxiety, fatigue, and a lack of radiance that we often assume is “old age”.
A good detox program is the best way to help your body recover from toxic overload and function better. Fiber-rich foods and nourishing drinks will help remove these toxins from your body.
3. The more toxins stored in your body, the more fat your body needs to hold on to. Once you remove the toxins, your body is able to release excess bloat and weight.
4. Detox is a break from the everyday. It will alleviate stress, and stress is one of the greatest forms of toxicity in our bodies, contributing to most if not all types of sickness and disease.
5. Detox will give your digestive system a much needed rest from difficult to digest and inflammatory foods that are often the cause of digestive issues and other health problems.
6. A detox based on clean, real foods will increase the nutrients your body is taking in so that you bounce back to health and feel great.
7. A seasonal detox is key to rebuilding your health. Just like the earth benefits from the change in seasons, your body benefits from the process of shedding and renewal. A seasonal detox will align your body with nature and the foods nature intended for us.
8. Detox will eliminate your cravings for foods like sugar, breads, and pasta.
9. Detox will starve the bad bacteria in your system (you DO have them) and feed the good, setting the foundation for good health.
10. A detox will teach you how to better tune into your body, what you’re eating, and how it’s affecting you. Find out which foods may be causing your nagging symptoms. Sometimes, it’s not what you think…
11. Detox is the solution to portion control! You’ll learn that what you eat is more important than how much when it comes to portion control and weight loss.
12. Detox is the fastest way to hit the reset button so that you are feeling and looking better, quickly. Your body learns how to do its job faster and better, which will support you well beyond the program.
13. You’ll get tons of compliments on how healthy you look!
14. You’ll sleep better, have a clear mind, and be able to accomplish more at work.
15. Detox can be a spiritual journey, your opportunity to release not just the toxic substances but the toxic emotions that are getting in your way.
And that’s the short list.
The truth is, if you live in our modern world and eat modern day foods, a good detoxification program is CRITICAL for your health.
You’ll feel energized, beautiful and vibrant! Not only will detox change your health, it will change your life.
Your Simple Action Plan:
If you want to feel great everyday, have a strong digestion, vibrant energy, and a clear mind, a detox is one of the best tools.
If you feel inspired to detox, now is the perfect time! Join me for CLEAN:This season’s signature detox program.