Perfect for holiday parties, this velvety casserole is simple to prepare, yet bold in flavor and appeal. Delicious for both healthful and more “conventional” eaters.
3 cups cooked squash
1 cup water
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canned coconut milk (Native Forest brand)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp maple syrup (Grade B)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice 1-2 squash in half, length-wise, and remove seeds. Place cut side down in a baking dish with water. Bake for 60 minutes, or until fork tender. Let cool. Remove skin.
3. In a blender or food processor, puree the squash, coconut milk, seasonings, and maple syrup until very smooth.
4. Transfer the puree to a pyrex pie pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until slightly golden.
5. Great served warm, or cold the next day.
Found this helpful? Don't miss the next one! Just enter in your info below:
No comments yet